Sedation dentistry, laser dentistry, and spa-dentistry are among the treatment options designed to ensure that patients receive the most convenient, comfortable, and quality dental care. This week, we’ll focus on sedation dentistry. Check back next week for more information about how dentistry is patient-centered with focuses on comfort and convenience.
With countless methods, including oral, intravenous, and nitrous oxide sedatives, sedation dentistry offers comfortable, anxiety-free dental procedures by soothing patients into a deeply relaxed state. Often, patients have little to no memory of their procedure afterward, and a comfortable, positive experience in the dental chair can begin to build a new foundation for anxiety-free dental appointments in the future.
Sedation dentistry may be for you if:
- You are too scared to even contact the dentist to schedule an appointment.
- You have a stressful lifestyle, high anxiety, or a busy schedule and wish to complete treatment comfortably and in the least number of office visits possible.
- You have a gag reflex.
- You have an aversion to the sounds and smells of a dental office and dental work.
- You have anxiety about seeing dental instruments.
- You have had a negative dental experience in the past.
- You are in pain and are delaying treatment because you’re afraid.
How does sedation dentistry work?
Depending on the sedative used, your sedation will begin prior to the scheduled start of your dental work. It is necessary that you have someone accompany you to your appointment as you will be unable to drive immediately following your sedation. Once your sedation begins to work, you will be escorted to a comfortable chair, and Dr. Aziza Askari will begin your treatment. Throughout your procedure, your level of comfort, sedation, and vitals will be closely monitored by highly-trained professionals with state-of-the-art medical equipment to ensure your safety. You will remain in control, but will be unaware of the treatment. In fact, most patients report having little to no memory of their dental work following treatment.
Dr. Askari of Comfort Dental Spa is an expert in the field of sedation dentistry and has seen it help hundreds of patients achieve a beautiful and healthy smile in a completely comfortable way. Call Comfort Dental Spa in Farmington Hills, Michigan at (248) 474-6434 to reserve your appointment.