May is officially here and Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Did you know that Mother’s Day has been celebrated in the United States for over 100 years? In fact the first Mother’s Day celebrations were held in West Virginia and Pennsylvania in 1908. Within three years, Mother’s Day was celebrated in 46 states. Dr. Aziza Askari and our team at Comfort Dental Spa would like to honor mothers this month by sharing some trivia about Mother’s Day and offering suggestions for gifts.
Mother’s Day Trivia
- Historians believe the earliest celebrations in honor of mothers began in Ancient Greece. People would pay tribute to Rhea, the mother of all Grecian Gods with fine gifts such as honey and flowers.
- During the Medieval period of Europe, the nobility gave servants a day off on the fourth Sunday of Lent. Servants used this time to spend it with their mothers.
- Native American tribes honor mothers with the title “Life of the Nation.”
- Mother’s Day is now celebrated across the globe. Turkey, Denmark, Italy, Australia, and Russia are a few countries that participate in Mother’s Day celebrations.
- The U.S. Census bureau estimates that over 82 million women in the country are mothers.
Mother’s Day Gifts at Your Farmington Hills Dentist Office
Are you having trouble deciding what to get your mom for Mother’s Day? Fortunately, Dr. Askari and our team have you covered! If you bring your mother with you to a dental appointment, she may choose between a complimentary facial and massage, professional dental cleaning, or teeth whitening. Show your mom how much you appreciate her this Mother’s Day with a relaxing trip to Comfort Dental Spa. We believe every mother should be honored and pampered this month!
Comfort Dental Spa will also be giving free smile makeover consultations from our booth at the International Women’s Show in Livonia from May 3rd to May 6th. Feel free to pay us a visit!
For questions or to schedule an appointment, contact our Farmington Hills dentist office at (248) 474-6434. We serve patients from Livonia, Novi, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, and the surrounding Detroit communities.