It’s only natural to feel self-conscious about bad breath. Whether you’re in a long term relationship, or you are dating, when you get close to someone, halitosis is a sure way to give off a bad impression. Farmington Hills dentist, Dr. Aziza Askari, fields questions regarding chronic bad breath issues in her office all the time. Since this is such a common issue, our team at Comfort Dental Spa has composed some helpful tips to keep your breath fresh and your teeth clean. This way, you don’t have to worry when you are snuggling up to your sweetie.
Help for Halitosis
- Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Water helps rinse away odor-causing particles from your mouth.
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm throughout the day to keep your lips hydrated and soft.
- Try not to eat foods that cause bad breath such as onions and garlic. Some spices also contribute to halitosis including curry, cumin, and cardamom. As your digestive system breaks down these foods and spices, their odiferous properties escape when you exhale.
- If you choose to use breath mints or chewing gum to freshen up bad breath, look for products that contain xylitol. This ingredient allows for you to freshen up your breath without worrying about the damaging effects of using products that contain sugar or aspartame.
- Schedule a dental cleaning and checkup with Dr. Askari every six months. Dental cleanings remove tartar and plaque buildup and also polish away surface stains. Our dental hygienists will gently clean your teeth in hard-to-reach places as well. You will leave our dentist office knowing that your mouth is spotlessly clean.
- If you consume chocolate, candy, or sugary sweets, make sure to brush your teeth afterwards and rinse your mouth with water to remove sugar and debris from your mouth.
Contact your Farmington Hills Dentist
If you are due for a dental checkup or have minor dental needs, don’t let your fears stop you. To contact our 48335 dentist office at (248)566-6490 for a consultation. We are happy to serve patients of all ages, from Farmington Hills, Dearborn, Novi, Livonia, Detroit, and surrounding neighborhoods.