While many people can take dental appointments in stride, this is not true of everyone. For a segment of the population, the thought of a dental check up and cleaning can be a source of considerable stress. One option is avoiding visits to the dentist. Unfortunately, this can create larger problems. Cleanings and preventive care are key to catch small problems before they become big ones. A better solution for those with dental anxiety may be talking to your dentist about sedation dentistry. You can get the exams and treatment you need, without unnecessary stress.
- Are in overall good health
- Avoid dental appointments due to anxiety
- Are extremely sensitive to pain
- Have to undergo a lengthy procedure
- Find it difficult to sit still
- Have difficulty tolerating anything in your mouth (gag reflex)
Sedation Dentistry May Not Be the Best Option If You:
- Have a history of obstructive sleep apnea
- Carry significant extra weight
- Are or may be pregnant
- Have uncontrolled or poorly controlled diabetes
- Take certain medications
- Have allergies to certain medications
Talk with your dentist if you are interested in knowing more about sedation dentistry options. While this is not the right choice for everyone, it may be the right choice for you or a loved one.
ABOUT YOUR FARMINGTON HILLS, MI, DENTISTS:
To learn more, or to schedule an appointment with one of the experts at the Comfort Dental Group, then contact us today by calling our office at (248) 474-6434. We welcome patients living in and around Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Northville, Westland, and Dearborn Heights, MI.