There’s no reason to settle for a gapped, stained, crowded, or crooked smile, and with porcelain veneers, you don’t have to. Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells made of high-quality porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to create a brand new, esthetically pleasing appearance.
Most cosmetic dental patients know that porcelain veneers are known as the smile makeover procedure, but many patients don’t know the ins and outs of the procedure and just what to expect from this particular form of cosmetic dentistry.
Check out these little-known facts about porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain is extremely durable, tooth-colored and has a translucence and texture similar to tooth enamel. It will not decay and resists staining while maintaining a natural appearance, giving veneers several advantages over other tooth restoration methods.
- Veneers can effectively close diastemas (gaps between teeth), lengthen, and reshape teeth, as well as repair chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth. They can also disguise stains and discolorations.
- Porcelain veneers may require a minimal amount (0.0mm with ‘”no-prep veneers” to 0.7mm with traditional veneers) of tooth enamel to be removed. Because of this, veneers are considered to be a permanent procedure. Some patients experience slight sensitivity to heat or cold the day the teeth are worked on, however Dr. Askari is an expert at desensitizing teeth during and after the process is complete. If done properly, any sensitivity will go away once your veneers have been placed, and you will love your beautiful, new smile.
- Once placed, your new smile will be very strong and will be more than able to withstand the forces placed upon them by a normal diet and
everyday wear and tear. Treat your veneers just like natural teeth.
- With proper care and good dental hygiene, your veneers can last anywhere from 15 years to a lifetime.
Dr. Aziza Askari is a cosmetic dentist in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and she recommends porcelain veneers to
patients looking to achieve a new level of beauty and function from their smile makeover. Dr. Askari has seen porcelain veneers transform the smiles and lives of so many of her patients, and would love to see you in her dental office so she can design a porcelain veneer treatment that is 100 percent specific to you and your dental needs and goals. Call Comfort Dental Spa at (248) 474-6434 to reserve your consultation appointment and begin the journey to your brand new smile.